Sunday 17 February 2013

Sunday struggles

Unfortunately Master Doug was not accommodating to the need for sleep this morning and decided he was bored so had to wake me up....this meant another early morning and a tired Karen. The good thing about today is Rich was due back from his trip home. The house is certainly quieter/tidier/less homely without him so I was looking forward to him being home.

After a lengthy chat with my lovely Jen this morning and my lovely Mitchy I realised the reason this week has been so tough for me...its back to the emotional vampire. This 'friend' has been pretty unfriendlike and unsupportive and recently it has got to me. Jen talked me through it and how to stop this person sucking me energy so much which helped me a lot. We all have people like this in our lives and we shouldn't let them get to us but we do.

Thankfully the girls sorted my head out quite a bit and I've taken some steps to remedy the situation. The afternoon was then filled with dodgy wedding/bridesmaid dress planning. Rich is going to dress as Batman I am wearing a dress made of wallpaper and my bridesmaids will be wearing a big pink meringue and a pineapple outfit (manda) and floral curtain dresses (suzy and jen)...its going to be the wedding of the century!

Right onto the noms of the day

A 3 egg omelette with peppers and mushrooms and a healthy extra of cheese.

There was a Friends marathon on TV so I settled down to watch that and read/cuddle Doug. I had originally had a plan of cous cous quiche for lunch but Mitchy's mushroom thief had taken all our eggs so I decided on wedges and mushy pea curry sauce and veggies

I think I went a bit ott on the superfree there but to be honest I needed it and it was gorgeous! The afternoon flew by and before I knew it I was heading off to the station to get Rich. I took Doug with me who was insane due to the people and experience, he loves meeting new people and getting fussed which he got a lot off. 

Once we were home and settled my thoughts turned to dinner and I was trying out another new recipe which was gorgeous and a success

This is a butternut squash, sweet potato and leek bake and it was yummy. The recipe is as follows

1 large sweet potato half butternut squash. Peeled and chopped into small pieces. Boil for 20 minutes.

1 large onion and one large leek chopped and fry with fry light for a 6 minutes. Add 200g of frozen peas cook for a further 5 minutes. 

Drain the p
otato and butternut squash. Place in with the onions and leeks mix well.

Place into a large oven proof dish arrange it so it's all even

300g of quark
4 garlic cloves crushed
1tsp dried chilie flakes or seeds
4 eggs
Whisk well and poor all over the potato etc

Grate some cheese all over 

Place in a pre heated oven 200 for 30-35 minutes

Completely free on green just need to sin the cheese but does make up to 6 people 

It was really tasty and filling and I will make it again. Unfortunately whilst this filled the big hole that is my stomach it didn't last long and I was getting peckish again so I decided to make a quick portion of slimming world chips nice and carby and yet free


No work for me tomorrow as I have another day off so I am planning to go and replace our missing eggs and thats about it. Night all

No comments:

Post a Comment