Thursday, 28 November 2013

Blog catchup

Sorry I have neglected the blog for the past few days I was away on the weekend and then got a stinking cold so energy levels have been low. I will catch you up on all the fun frolics and snot since Friday.

First some good news I have accepted a new job. Those who regularly follow my blog will know I have been off sick for some months due to my ears. I will be having an MRI scan to find out the cause. It was becoming increasingly likely I wouldn't be returning to my job, I adored the people I worked with but with my ears it was just not possible to do the job (full days taking calls = feeling like your head will explode). I start my new job on the 16tn December so I have a few more weeks to get back to as close to full health as I can before I start back to working. The people seem really lovely in the new job so I am looking forward to being a decent earning again. 2013 is ending on a good note after some rubbish times. 

So, let's go back to Friday now anyone who is offended by drunken antics I'd scroll past now ;) I did start the day on plan 
I got this inside me before I went and met the girls. We met Manda on the train and got ourselves at a table and began the celebrations.
See we were classy and had wine glasses....

We got to Cardiff at lunchtime and headed for the pub to find food and drink before shopping commenced.
We shopped our little socks off and I got some new shoes and a cardi to go with my outfit. We did make a pit stop for a drink before heading back to the hotel to begin getting ready
Hehe were you expecting more alcohol ;) just a toffee nut latte which was yummy.

We did he typical girl thing of getting ready I'm one room aka party central
 We were all pretty full from lunch so just had sandwiches and fruit for our dinner

Once we were all pretty we headed over to the venue 

The support act wasn't great....I don't really have much more to say about him as can't remember him.  We entertained ourselves with a few more drinks
And danced our feet off when the main event came was constant dancing and singing. To quote Jen it's like being 14 again except for no parents and with alcohol

After the concert we headed out into town and danced the night away to some rock and metal tunes and drank from a bucket

The next morning we woke up lacking hangovers though feeling rather knackered and I was very croaky....maybe due to the amount of singing and screaming I was doing. We left the hotel to head for our train via weatherspoons first for breakfast but the wait was too long so we headed to Starbucks instead.

Once we got on the train we got right back on the wagon. I got home about 2 and needed lunch and comfort food so went for a burger sandwich.
I used two healthy extras on this beauty. I spent most of the afternoon catching up with Rich and trying to rest as was feeling pretty rough....maybe I'm getting a bit too old for this much partying.

Dinner was a simple affair
Mushroom pasta with a tub of low low.

The next morning I woke up feeling still quite rough and it looked evident that I was getting a cold. A day of much resting was in order but I did have plans so got myself some breakfast. 
Me and Doug went out for a quick walk after breakfast.

Lunch was orzo with blue cheese laughing cow, sweet pointy peppers mushrooms and tomatoes. Once this was consumed I got ready to go out as I was going to a friends Christmas market. It was really lovely and I purchased some of her gorgeous cakes for Rich. She also made this which is amazing
Once I got home I glued myself to the sofa with no plans to move. We ended up ordering takeaway which I thoroughly enjoyed but obviously not sensible.

Monday I woke up with the cold in full force so my plan for the day was doing nothing and eating comfort food.

Tuesday was weigh in day and the scales showed a 3.5lb gain which I was expecting considering the amount of alcohol I put away.

Food for the rest of the week has been simple and cheesy and comforting as I have had no energy. 
There are a few pictures missing it seems but that's you all caught up to date I think.

On to today, thankfully the cold appears to be going now. I dropped Rich off at work and me and Doug went to explore a new park area we had found.

It was a nice early morning walk and I enjoyed it. Doug got to meet lots of other dogs and it's pretty close to our house so I'll definitely take him there again.

Once we got back I got ready for a day of Breaking Bad as I am on the final season now with only a few episodes to go. Cannot wait to see how this turns out.
Breakfast - Everything is free except the 2tbsps of tomato sauce which was 1 syn.
Lunch - Good old cheesy pasta again with mixed veg (2 x hex)
Dinner - Sticky sausages with slimming world chips mushrooms and onions. The sausages were really easy to make

2 tbsp hoison sauce,  4 tbsp tomato puree,  4 tbsp dark soy sauce,  1/4 tsp sweetener and 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes.  Mix together and coat the sausages.  Cook in pre heated oven for about 30 or so mins till sausages are cooked and sauce has gone sticky over the sausages.

They tasted really nice like the sauce you would have on duck if you ate duck.

For pudding I wanted to try something different so after consultant my bible I decided to try the baked apple with a tbsp of mincemeat. I added an extra tbsp for 2 syns and warmed some banana and custard muller to pour over the top.
It was gorgeous and a proper winter pudding. Will be making that again for sure.

That's you all caught up so I will leave it here and thanks to anyone still reading ;) night night all xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment