Thursday 25 July 2013

A fresh start

So yet again I seem to have been struggling sticking on the plan and the blog has gone by the wayside because of it. I wish I knew what had changed in my head but recently it has felt like a real battle to stay on the bus and not fall off at the earliest chance. So I made a decision last night I would go to weigh in and I would see what the results were and then this morning would be a fresh start and I'd go right back to basics. Pretend like I have not done the plan before and its all new...check everything and remind myself why I walked through the doors in the first place. 

So why did I walk through those doors...I did it because I could barely walk without struggling for breath and I was bursting out of size 26 clothes. The clothes I wanted to wear didn't come in my size and I was living in sweatpants and t shirts  I didn't like myself visually and wanted to change it. I knew slimming world worked and when we moved house I tagged along with a friend. Okay so I have gone down a fair few dress sizes now and I can start wearing the clothes I want but I still want to lose more and get healthier so I need to remember what made me join.

I have promised myself that this time I will stay on the bus...I want to go back to being unbudgeable from the plan. This doesn't mean I will be a saint as we all have events that mean we are flexible but there is a difference between between being flexible and then just eating junk for the sake of it. I am also going to stop neglecting my blog its about time I am fully honest and blog daily where possible as when I blog I find it easier....I will need you guys cheering me on.

Last night I managed to lose a lb and looking back on what I've eaten it wasn't awful it just wasn't perfect. I did not deserve it at all and it makes me very aware when I have a good friend someone I consider one of my BFF's who despite being an angel is in a yoyo cycle. She deserved that lb loss and I wish I could donate it. Next week though if I get a loss I will deserve it as I am have made a promise to myself and I dont want to break it.

So how was my first day of being a season ticket holder of the big purple bus? Pretty darn good...I'm quite a happy little munchkin at the moment. I am really enjoying my job and work with genuinely lovely people. After what happened I was a bit nervous but we have a right laugh and I love walking through the door of there. 

I have decided to change up the food diary portion of the blog so here goes (SF means superfree, F means free, HEB is healthy extra b and HEA is healthy extra a)

Food diary

Breakfast


40g of Dorset simply fruity muesli (HEB) with two weight watchers dessert yogurts (F) stirred in along with a banana and strawberries (SF).

Mid morning snack


Grapes (SF)

Lunch


Homemade chilli made with quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, onions and mushrooms (mixture of FREE and SF) and pasta (FREE), three babybel lights (HEA) and strawberries (SF)

Dinner


I made a cottage pie type thingum with quorn mince (F), baked beans (F) mushrooms, leeks, garlic and chopped tomatoes (SF). I topped this with mashed potato with half a tub of low low stirred in (HEB) and broccoli, cauli, carrots and green beans (SF)

Snack


I had a nice little chocolate treat to use up the syns for the day, I had an apple (SF) tootsie roll (2.5) and 15 mikado (7.5) making a total of 10 for the day

Drinks

Water - I lost count during the day but I have had about 5 litres of water
Coffee - several cups throughout the day using 350ml of skimmed milk (HEA)

I am feeling a small bit proud of myself for today as it was a tough challenge but every day t gets easier to stay on board the bus....plus the bus is purple and has a disco ball why did I want to get off???

Night night all xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You made me cry a bit there. Love you hunni and I know you can stick on this bus with me, even if the stupid, annoying bus isn't working for me right now xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww honey we all feel like hiding under the bus instead of being on it at times, but we are all still muddling through the best we can and are determined to never give up. You can do this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks my lovelies xx I can definitely do this and feel positive! Mitchy those scales will begin working again I absolutely promise x

    ReplyDelete