Sunday 3 March 2013

The host with the most roast

Credit goes to Mr Cadman for the title of this blog, I asked him for inspiration and he came up with that! 

Today I had plans to meet a friend and walk the dogs at Blaize Castle which is a massive estate in Bristol so I was up earlier than I would have been to ensure I had a decent breakfast inside me.

Two Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages with lots of veggies on the side. After a few dodgy days it was important to get more superfree in. Once this had been eaten and washed down with some coffee me and Doug headed of to the castle. Unfortunately the sat nav got me a bit lost but we found our way eventually.

Doug had a really fun time as did I and he made a new friend Noodles

I forgot to turn my app on to track the walk but it was a decent amount of distance and a lot of uphill walking. It was good fun and will definitely be doing that again!

Once we got home me and Doug were a bit pooped, Doug had to endure a bath as he got a bit muddy and then it was time for some lunch and much laziness on the sofa. 

Lunch was a simple but yummy affair

6 ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (heb) and 5 laughing cow triangles. It filled me up nicely but I did need something sweet afterwards so I headed back to the kitchen and settled on a banana chopped up in a toffee yogurt

The rest of the afternoon was taken up with napping and watching the football...I am not amused by the football today infact it made me want to cry. I don't like Arsenal losing I definitely do not like them losing to Tottenham!! I could rant on about the football for ages but don't want to bore you all stupid with my rants. I did manage to nap through part of the first half which meant I didn't have to see both of their goals. 

Once the game was over and done with I stomped off to the kitchen (I literally did stomp I'm such a girl) and got to work on the epic roast dinner we had.

I made cauliflower and broccoli cheese with blitzed cottage cheese and then grated cheese on top, red cabbage, carrots and leeks. There are some roast potatoes under the gravy, quorn roast and the main event was 1 syn yorkshire puddings and stuffing balls. The balls were made from linda mccartney rosemary and red onion sausages defrosted and then shaped into balls. The yorkies were really simple 56g flour, 1 egg 50ml milk and 35ml water. You mix the flour and eggs then add the liquid slowly whisking it all in. They worked really well and it was a proper good roast dinner!

I finished up the rice pudding from yesterday which was gorgeous, I added a vanilla yogurt to it and some chocolate philli on top

Today hasn't been a bad day food wise and the extra exercise helped. I have prepped a cous cous quiche for work this week and only have a 3 day week as we are off to London Thursday for a gig and Friday we have crufts. 

I'm going to head of to bed soon as I am one tired Kaz today night night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment